Saving money is all about the small changes that you make and add up at the end of the month. These small changes could add up to thousands of dollars a year.
Here are 25 simple but effective pieces of advice that work:
- Sign up for every free customer rewards program you can.
- Make your own gifts instead of buying stuff from the store. Make them with passion and they will be appreciated more than the most expensive thing from the gift shop.
- Write a list before you go shopping – and stick to it. Really stick to it!
- Invite friends over instead of going out. Cheap dinner but tons of fun.
- Repair clothing instead of tossing it.
- Negotiate rates with your credit card company or complete a balance transfer.
- Avoid convenience foods and fast food.
- Turn off the lights. Only the one you are not using them. You don’t need all 12 lights from your living to be turned on to have dinner!
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Quit using credit cards.
- Plan your meals around your grocery store’s flyer.
- Do a price comparison – and find a cheaper grocery store. Always compare the prices!
- Avoid stress-spending.
- Cancel unused club memberships.
- Buy used when you can. You can have the same functionality for half the money.
- Do holiday shopping right after the holidays.
- Try generic brands of items you buy regularly. Don’t get attached to brands!
- Prepare some meals at home. Fun with your family and cheap for your wallet.
- Stick to reliable, fuel-efficient cars.
- Avoid the mall.
- Don’t fear leftovers: Jazz them up instead.
- Go through your clothes – all of them.
- Check out free events in town. Don’t be picky and you will have the dollars.
- Take public transportation. A Cheaper and a quicker way to go to work.
- Pack food for road trips.
What are you waiting for? Go save some dollars!